Thanks everyone for all the amazing support in 2012. My wife, Kaya, my dear friends have all been a blessing. I love you all.
Here are a few thoughts for 2012. New leaves, new gardens.
-Be a role model. I’ve been lucky and fortunate, and I want to share the fruits of that. I want to grow a kind,attached community. This includes: be a great dad, inspire the next generation of land stewards, provide love to my wife and dearest.
– Define physical structure in my life. Get into a pattern and groove with climbing, running, biking. Do it regularly. Create a practice.
– Take the extra time to explain. Don’t rush through the teaching moments. Cherish them as they are what I most strive for on any given “scheduled” course. Even if I’m late or stressed, take the time. Identify and embrace these moments.
– Reach out and connect with new people. Go beyond talking. Communicate and reflect. Return again once some time and perspective have blossomed. Limit the one-and-done interactions.
– Take time to find the light. It’s always worth it.
– Diffuse anxiety. Don’t let the emotions of others cloud over my sun. Be aware of the situation and digest it. Be independent in spirit and will. Create leadership – create my own weather. As appropriate, be sensitive, but immune.
– Start a conversation with forgiveness. Find its role in my life. Most importantly, find ways to access it in the toughest of situations. Create a path, walk it, maintain it.
*Writen in Pasadena, CA. Rose bowl RV campground.